INRA offers classes at all levels in the different rosemaling styles. Classes are open to anyone who becomes a member.
Typically for our classes:
- Instructions and a required materials list (paints, brushes) are included with the class information packet provided to students after registration.
- Students are responsible for supplying their own brushes, paints, etc.
- Preparation of woodenware including application of design must be completed prior to class.
- Steps will be demonstrated by the teacher and the student will be able to paint areas demonstrated.
Telemark Style Holiday Sending Basket with Jan Boettcher via ZOOM November 3-5
- $145 + membership ($15)
- Sending basket and pattern packet ($89) are to be ordered from Jan’s Etsy shop
- Please order the basket by October 15. Unique basket inspired by historical piece.
- Friday Nov 3: 6-9pm; Saturday Nov 4 & Sunday Nov 5: 9am-noon and 1-4 pm
- Taught in Oils.
- For students with at least one rosemaling class.
Linework Ornaments with Kim Garrett via Zoom December 11, 12, 14
- $60 + 2023 membership ($15)
- $25 for six ornaments. Students are responsible for ordering their ornaments from the CraftCutConcepts etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftCutConcepts
- Taught in Oil paints
- Beginner level and above: any student with one previous rosemaling strokework class
- December 11, 12 & 14, 2023 Time: 6:30 – 8:30pm, Central. (6 hrs total)
*** Completed Classes ***
Rosemaling Basic Techniques with Julie Anderson
Agder Style 10″ Plate with Trudy Peach
Ryfylke Style Plate with Nancy Odalen (VGM)
Rococo design class with Diane Edwards
Hallingdal Project/Design Class with Julie Anderson
Patriotic Plate, Telemark style with Kristen Birkeland
Trondelag style tray with Louise Bath
Telemark Design with Nancy Schmidt
Basic Rosemaling Techniques – Julie Anderson
Setesdal Bowl – Kim Garrett
Telemark Style Christmas Tree – Jan Boettcher
Fall True Beginner – Rosemaling Ornaments
Rosemaling in Os style -Julie Anderson
Hallingdal Style Stepstool -Lise Lorentzen
September 2022 – Telemark Style Gameboard – Kristen Birkeland
June 2022 Ryfylke Rosemaling Box – Jan Boettcher
May 2022 – Beginner Gudbrandsdal in Acrylics with Lise Lorentzen
April 2022 – Os Bracelets – with Denise Richard-Franco
March 2022 – Rosemaled Eggs – with Lise Lorentaen
March 2022 – True Beginner Class – Telemark Coasters with Kim Garrett
January – March 2022 Introduction to Round Objects with Diane Edwards
November 2021 Demystifying Design for Rosemalers – Telemark style taught by Patti Goke, VGM
October 2021 True Beginner Class– Transparent Telemark Style in Acrylic paints with Lise Lorentzen
October 2021 Intermediate/Advanced Class – Fjord Horse Pull Toy taught by Jan Boettcher
September 2021: Gudbrandsdal Style covered bowl taught by Andrea Herkert
July 2021: Rosemaling Style Characteristics by Patti Goke
July 2021: Welcome Plaques for Beginners taught by Lise Lorentzen
May 2021: Mangleboard in Vest Agder Style taught by Jan Boettcher
April 2021: Raudsaumsmaling style on 12″ plate taught by Kim Garrett (repeat of January class)
March 2021: True Beginner Class: Ornaments in transparent Telemark Style taught by Lise Lorentzen
February 27 to March 27, 2021: March Madness open studio work on projects while on Zoom with other members
January 2021: Raudsaumsmaling style on 12″ plate taught by Kim Garrett
November 2020: Valdres Style Sled taught by Lois Mueller
July 2020: Hallingdal Style Door Crown taught by Lise Lorentzen